After working for other companies in construction, mechanical and excavation trades for numerous years, we founded G.R. Van Valen, Inc. in 1986.
- Our company is small by most standards, usually 6-10 full-time employees, and we’re hard-working and efficient
- We are always updating and maintaining our equipment, positioning us to produce efficient, quality work for our clients
- We pride ourselves on our ability to tackle almost any job and bring it in on time, on budget and with a minimal amount of change orders
- We aren’t the least expensive excavating contractor around, nor the biggest, but we think if you compare the quality of equipment, the work ethic of our employees and the stability of our company, you will consider us highly competitive
- Our goals are (and always have been) to provide quality workmanship at a competitive price
- We proudly purchase local materials where possible
- Our employees are all certified “storm water compliant”
We have had substantial growth due to customer satisfaction. Rather than spend advertising dollars, we prefer to invest in complete customer satisfaction. We are constantly trying to improve and update our shop, storage facilities, rolling stock and support equipment. These qualities, along with our dedicated and experienced staff, have provided us with a loyal customer base from which to operate.